Mummy’s training is coming along well. She now trusts us to wander around in the fields without having to keep calling us back just to check that we will come – although she does hide in the trees if we run off too far, but that’s OK, that’s more like a game than telling us what to do.
But Mummy still needs to work harder on the following:
- feeding us bigger quantities / more often – Mummy likes us slim, but surely it’s a breach of our animal rights for us not to be able to decide how overweight we want to be
- giving us a treat every time we return to her, not just when she thinks we’ve done some particularly exceptional recall
- not calling us off when we’re chasing a bird, rabbit or squirrel
- playing with us all the time, giving us all her attention, not using the excuse of something called ‘work’ to ignore us
- taking us swimming more often – and the muddier the water the better
- letting us sleep on her bed whenever we want to: